Thursday, February 21, 2008

What I'm doing instead of laundry.



I finally got out the old sewing machine to make baby blankets. Unfortunately the projects-that-I-am-in-the-middle-of made quite a shocking pile. I still managed to get a new blanket done for our cousin's cousin. They are the most easy and gratifying projects ever. (Isn't Penelope the cutest name?)


Although our snow is melting away, I found a cute Snow book at the Library called, This Place In The Snow by Rebecca Bond. The illustrations made me really happy. Especially the page where the children wake up and discover the snow being plowed. Yes!! Happy snow-day or snow-melting day, depending on where you live.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute blanket!

Grace said...

Abby the blanket is adorable. And yes so is the name Penelope.
WE are having a snow melting day. But its been melting ever since it got here. Which doesn't leave much time for playing. :( We would gladly take another.

Alexis said...

Okay, how did I not know you had a blog!?!?! I'm sure you told me but I think I forgot. Sweet blanket. I'll let you know what the name will be so you can get working on mine....(I'm a jerk, yes)